Experience the art of Massage Therapy
Experience a form of healing and relaxation that has been around for centuries. Experience the art of massage.
What Massage Therapy can do for you
Everyone can benefit from a professional massage.
Massage therapy can:
- provide anything from soothing relaxation to deeper therapy for specific physical problems.
- relieve your stress and anxiety.
- improve your energy and alertness.
- aid your recovery from pulled muscles or sprained ligaments.
- ease many of the uncomfortable stresses of childbearing, including edema, backaches, and exhaustion.
- relieve certain repetitive motion injuries related to on-the-job activities.
- greatly reduce your pain if you suffer from such problems as temporal mandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) or carpal tunnel syndrome.
- compensate, at least in part, for lack of exercise and muscular contraction if you’re a person who, because of age, injury, or illness, is forced to remain inactive.
A healthy response
Once your massage is underway, a whole range of beneficial reactions is set in motion.
The therapy can:
- hasten the elimination of waste and toxic debris that are stored in your muscles.
- increase the interchange of substances between the blood and tissue cells.
- heighten the oxygenation of the tissues.
- stimulate the relaxation response within your nervous system.
All these responses can:
- help to strengthen your immune system.
- improve your posture.
- increase your joint flexibility and range of motion.
- lower your blood pressure
There are some instance when the use of massage might not be appropriate. Be sure to consult your physician before initiating any massage program. An experienced massage therapist will also be able to tell you when massage is not indicated.
What you can expect from Massage Therapy
Your massage therapist will do everything possible to insure that your experience is positive and rewarding. You’ll be asked about your reasons for getting a massage, current physical condition, medical history, life-style, stress level, areas of pain, and other pertinent topics.
You’ll be asked to undress in private and drape yourself with a sheet, provided by your therapist. You leave your underwear on. You’ll lie down on a comfortably padded massage table. The therapist will undrape only that part of your body being massaged, insuring that your modesty is respected at all times.
You should expect a peaceful and comfortable environment for your massage. Report distractions of any kind to your therapist, whether from physical discomfort, room temperature, volume of music, or any other source.
Relax and experience the art–and science–of massage.
How can Sports Massage and Muscle Therapy Help You?
Sports Massage is usually more specific in it’s approach and more vigorous than a general full-body massage, focusing more on the particular muscles relevant to your athletic activity. Additionally, your sports massage therapist may concentrate on reducing or eliminating factors that interfere with your performance potential, such as muscle spasms, tendonitis, and muscle fatigue.
Whether you are a weekend warrior, or a serious high school or college athlete, regular sports massage can help you train more consistently and reduce injuries.
About your AMTA or ABMT therapist
Massage Therapists at the Muscle Therapy & Acupuncture Center are all graduates of AMTA curriculm approved schools. The American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) founded in 1943, is the largest and oldest national organization representing the massage therapy profession. Membership in the AMTA and ABMT (Association of Bodywork & Massage Therapists) is limited to only those massage therapists who have demonstrated a level of skill and expertise through testing and education. All therapists must agree to abide by the AMTA Code of Ethics.
How long does a massage last?
Two treatment lengths are offered at the clinic.
- Regular massage session 50 minute massage Cost: $50.00
- Deluxe massage session 75 minute massage Cost: $70.00
Payment is expected at the time of treatment. Visa/Mastercard are accepted. Gift certificates available. By appointment only, call to schedule your session today. (269) 483-7251 Muscle Therapy & Acupuncture Center